Registration Instructions (read all steps and forms prior to registering)
Fill out the fields in the form at the bottom of this page. It will take a couple minutes to complete (time varies depending on your computer and/or Internet service).
Registration Fees are due upon registering on-line. We are no longer accepting payments at the combine assessment. (please do not register unless you are prepared to pay on-line. If payment is not completed, your child’s registration information will be deleted and you will be required to reregister with payment in order to participate. Your child cannot participate in PRF activities without payment including the combine assessment.)
- Flag Division Fee: $110
- Tackle Division Fee : $195
- For tackle division, the required equipment that you must provide includes a helmet (no specific color; majority is white), mouthpiece, shoulder pads, all pads for pants, practice pants, and cleats. Girdles are highly encouraged for most of the pant’s padding. If you do not have a girdle and have the snap-in pads, these can be used in practice pants and the game pants can be worn over the practice pants. Actual game day jersey and pants will be provided. The game pants are NOT to be worn at practice and must be returned at the end of the season. Your child will keep the game jersey. Your equipment should last your child for at least two years unless they have a major growth spurt.
- For flag divisions, a mouthpiece must be provided. PRF will supply game jersey, shorts, socks and flag belts. Padded pants and cleats are encouraged.
- Equipment can be purchased locally at Dick’s, Dunham’s, or BJSport’s. There are many on-line resources, such as, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, Sidelineswap, etc, for finding used equipment in good condition. Check with actual equipment manufacturers for new equipment.
- We highly encourage you to start looking early for equipment, recent history has shown equipment to become very hard to obtain if you wait into August.
Registration covers all of the operations of the game including field rentals, referees, trainers, game pants, incidentals, and other equipment/gear for coach’s practices. It also covers the cost of the game jersey, in which, the players get to keep at the end of the season.
Combine/assessment is 2nd or 3rd week of August with team practices starting the week after. Practices are 3-4 days per week for tackle divisions and 1-2 days for flag divisions. Practices may run up to 2 hours and begin anytime from 5:30pm – 7:00pm. Days and time per week are at the discretion of the head coach.
First couple weeks of practice are critical to player conditioning and fundamental football training. We highly encourage families to complete vacations prior to the combine/assessment.
PRF is working closely with Portage Public Schools to use the high school facilities for both flag and tackle. So please stay tuned for further information. Tackle football will include games at home and away again this season. Flag games will be about 1 hour and tackle football games will be about 1.5 hours. Starting times for games are yet to be determined but can be all hours of the day from 9am to 6pm starting times as some games are meant to be under the lights. Flag division games may start as early as 8am thru noon. Actual times will depend on number of teams in each age division.
PRF NFL Flag is open to all Portage and greater Kalamazoo area youths. Tackle residency restriction will apply starting this year: Resident within the Portage Public School district or attend a school inside the Portage Public school district.