Portage Rocket Football Head Coach Information
Outlined below are some of the most important dates to Portage Rocket Football. Please take a moment to look through these dates and consider whether you are willing to invest the time required to fulfill the obligation to be a head coach. The Head Coaches’ involvement in these activities is crucial to the success of Portage Rocket Football.
- 2nd or 3rd week of August – PRF Combined Practices. Mandatory attendance required. Location, time, and format to be detailed on the PRF Website.
- Dates TBD- Coaches meeting with Coaches from PRF. This is an informal meeting and a great resource for a new or experienced youth football coach to meet other coaches and review, question and understand the rules.
- August – PRF Draft Day- Players and parents will be expecting a call from you after the draft. Head Coaches only at the draft.
- End of August – Team practices begin. Location and time TBD by head coach. Players should be prepared to practice as early as the Monday following the draft.
- Date TBD- Field striping duties, typically Labor Day weekend.
- Saturdays (and subsequent Saturdays)- Field Director Duty as assigned.
- Fundraising events- Coaches need to actively participate in and promote PRF.
The board of directors of Portage Rocket football understands that our coaches may not be able to meet all of these time commitments and will make reasonable accommodations as needed. Please make the director of football operations is aware of times and events which you cannot attend so that a suitable substitute can be found.
Submitting a volunteer form indicates your desire to be a Head Football Coach for Portage Rocket Football; it does not guarantee that you will be selected. Coaching decisions will be made as soon as possible using the information obtained on this form as well as other means.